When you have a baby, the last thing you want to think about is packing up your sweet new baby and taking it out into the scary world five days after you come home from the hospital. Yes, you want those beautiful newborn images. But there are people out there with colds, flu and dirty hands that all want to touch that little one. Plus you are so, so tired. Putting on clothes is a miracle.
Wouldn’t it be amazing if you could have the newborn photographer come to your home? She would arrange a day that your husband would be there too. And all you would need to do is make sure your little one is fed and happy. Hey, if you guys wanted to be in the portraits too, she can start with the baby to give you plenty of time to get picture ready. We would love for you to take advantage of this time to capture images of your sweet baby.
By having photographs done in your home, there are so many advantages. Here are a few:
- you save time by not having to travel.
- safer on you and the baby at 3-10 days old.
- your spouse can go back to work right after. The older siblings can go back to school after their part.
- your baby is in a safe, clean environment he/she is used to.
- less stress. We come to you with our gear and all you have to do is have the baby ready.
- you have everything you need at all times. You don’t have to pack up a ton of stuff just for this photo session.
- you can have images done in his/her nursery, your bedroom or special places around your home
- you can have your family in all of the images. The location is more natural and casual.
- capture natural images, not posed. Newborns can be awake and asleep.
- remember the little things like feeding, getting the baby dressed, bathing him. What is important to you? Tell your photographer and make sure to capture it.
I love being invited into my clients homes to meet their newborns. It is a very special time with their families.
If you would like to capture your first family portrait with your growing family, give us a call. We would be happy to walk you through how to get ready for this fun experience.